Work With Us!
You may have heard the phrase, “a bad day on the water is better than a good day at the office.” When you work at Shearwater – surrounded by the water, fresh air, and warm sun, the days are all good! The Shearwater family invites you to explore our exciting career opportunities in the marine industry.
The Marine Electrician will work alongside other department throughout the completion of each project.
The Marine Electrician will:
- Read and interpret drawings, blue prints, schematics and electrical code specifications to determine the layout and instillation of electrical equipment
- Install electrical wiring, receptacles, switch bosses, feeders, coaxial cable assemblies, lighting fixtures and other electrical components
- Outfit an lay out wire ways, and install cable trays, and initially install hangers.
- Test electrical and electronic equipment.
- Outfit and lay out wire ways and install cable trays and initially install hangers.
- Maintain, repair, test and install electrical motors, generators, industrial storage batteries and hydraulic.
- May install and calibrate industrial instrumentation and related devices.
- Knowledge and understanding of the principles, techniques and practices involved in the installation, maintenance, repair and alteration of marine electrical and electro mechanical systems.
- Perform electrical fitting instillations, stud runs, cable ways, controller mounts and all mounting hardware involved with marine electrical equipment.
Marine General Systems Technician
Able to perform quality mechanical, electrical, and/or plumbing repairs, refits, and installation services to various recreational and commercial vessels. This position must be able to accomplish these tasks from work order descriptions. Oversee trades and train as needed.
Marine HVAC Mechanic/Technician Level III
Able to troubleshoot, diagnose and perform quality repairs to various recreational and commercial vessels per ABYC and manufacturer standards; and perform refits and installation services.
Able to perform quality repairs, refits, and installation services to various recreational and commercial vessels. This position must be able to accomplish these tasks from work order description. Oversee trades and train as needed.
Able to handle all painting projects from small scratch repair to painting an entire vessel by spray, roll, and tup methods.
No open positions at this time
We are always looking for great individuals to join the Shearwater Team. Please send us your resume and we will get back to you as soon as something opens up.